- The thoughts in my head rarely come out as planned when I write them. Bummer. Because in my head, they sound much better. Either that or I am very conceited. Actually, that is probably not an either/or probability. I AM conceited. How do you shake that?
- Chris is eating BBQ chips in the other room. I can hear him crunch crunch crunching on them and I am salivating. Doesn’t he know I bought those for me?…
- I play the ukulele a bit. I am not very good, and I am sure that those around me who have heard me play wish I would stop…or just get better faster. I would like to learn to play and sing If I die Young by The Band Perry.
- My Dear Hazel fell in love with this ring. Then I fell in love with it and Chris bought it for me for Valentines day. Isn’t he so nice?! Kaelee, did you get it? It makes my life complete. I’m not even kidding!
- I am listening to Gotye right now. (pronounced “gore-ti-yeah”, strange I know, but that is what it says on his bio, so it must be right.) I Love their sound which is reminiscent of Talking Heads, Depeche Mode and other epic 80’s bands. Yet they are totally Indie Rock. I am particularly impressed with the song, Somebody that I used to Know. Have you heard it? I can’t stop listening to it and watching that video. (Imbedded below) He sort of looks stoned in the video…and he’s naked, but I promise you don’t see anything. I love his crooked, yet straight teeth. They are real, and for some reason tonight that is comforting to me. The lyrics to this song make me think about a few people that I “used to know”. It is a bit painful to think about them and I realize that maybe I’ve got some forgiving to do.
How is it that music can invoke such raw emotion? Creative genius.
I love it.